University of Karachi Bachelor of Law LL.B Part I Past Paper of Constitutional Law- 1 British Annual 2006
Q 1 Trace the origin of the office of the Prime Minister in Britain. Discuss his position in the Parliament and role in the 21st century British Cabinet.
Q 2 What do you understand by the term Constitutional Law? Discuss various sources of British Constitutional Law.
Q.3 What committees work in the House of Commons? Discuss their functions in law making in Britain.
Q 4 Answer the following in “YES” or “NO”:
1. Whether the Kangaroo closure of debates in the House of Commons takes place at Second Reading of a Bill?
2. Whether Courts in Britain can declare executive acts as unconstitutional?
3. Whether it was King James II who established the practice of choosing the members of the cabinet from one party only?
4. Whether the system of travelling justices in Britain was introduced by King John?
5. Whether the members of the Upper House of Parliament can take part in General Elections of Parliament in Britain?