Quid-i- Azam University Islamabad Sample Paper Entry Test for Admission to Department of Computer Science
DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER SCIENCES
ENTRY TEST (SAMPLE PAPER)
Candidates are judged based upon their aptitude towards applied side of their learning skills and imaginations. This sample paper only gives you an idea about the topics and style of the question paper. It will be a multiple choice question paper with negative marking for each question wrongly answered. The passing marks are 40%.
• How many spokes are there in the wheel of a bicycle if any two spokes form an angle of 30 degrees:
• How would you divide 100 Rs. in two persons such that one of them gets one Rupee more than the other.
A) 49, 51
B) 50, 51
C) 48, 52
D) 41, 59
• Given X = Area of a right angle triangle with legs 4, 3 and Y = Area of an isosceles triangle with height 4 and base 6:
A) X = Y
B) X < Y
C) X > Y
D) X <= Y
E) X >= Y
• Square ABCD is inscribed in a circle O. OV is perpendicular to CD and OV = 1. The area of the portion of the square outside the circular region is:
A) Pi – 4
B) 4Pi – 4
C) 2Pi – 4
D) 4Pi – 2
Questions based upon basic operations of set theory such as membership, union, intersection, complements, symmetry
Analytical / Logical Reasoning
• Shopping plazas range from 2 to 6 stories in height. If a shop is above the second floor, it has a fire escape. If the previous statements are true, which of the following must also be true?
A. 2nd floor shops do not have fire escapes
B. 3rd floor shops do not have fire escapes
C. Only the shops above the 2nd floor have fire escapes
D. Some two story shopping plazas do not have fire escapes
E. All the above statements are true
• The letters a, b, c, d, e, f and g, not necessarily in order, stand for seven consecutive integers from 1 to 10. Which one of the following is true?
A. d is 3 less than a
B. b is the middle term
C. f is as much less than b as c is greater than d
D. g is greater than f
E. All the above statements are false
Applications of everyday design
• Given the following arrangement of everyday stove in your homes, what is the best possible arrangement of knobs by looking the burners so that the user is not confused as to which burner to switch on / off? ABCD
• Which is the best control shape for controlling the sound volume?