Punjab Public Service Commission PPSC Past Paper ASSISTANT SUB-INSPECTOR
1). The word Muhammad (SAW) as a name has been mentioned in Quran only: Four times
2). Khateeb –ul-Anbia as a title of: Hazrat Shoaib (AS)
3). A Verse of the Holy Quran indicates the name of: Hazrat Zaid (RA)
4). Masjid Zu Qiblatain is situated in: Madina
5). Which Surah of Quran has Bismillah twice: Al Namal
6). Sadaq-e-Eid-ul-fitr has been proclaimed in the year: 2 Hijri
7). Imam-e-Dar-ul-Hijrat was a title of: Imam Malik
8). Ameen –ul-Umat is the title of Hazrat: Abu-ubaida bin Al jaraah (RA)
9). Arafat gathering is held on: 9 Zil Hajj
10. How much Surah the Quran contains: 114
11- The Nisab of Zakat in gold is: 7 ½ Tolas
12. The original name of Imam Bukhari is: Muhammad Bin Ismail
13. Makka was conquered in: 8 A.H
14. Jami-i-Quran is taken for: Hazrat Usman (R.A)
15. Pious-Caliphate lasted for about: Thirty Years
16. Abyssinia is the old name of:
(a) Egypt (b) Iran(c) Iraq (d) Jordan
17. Deficiency of Vitamin C causes:
(a) Scurvy (b) Beri Beri (c) Color Blindness (d) …….
18. NATO consists of …… member countries.
(a) 28(b) 27(c) 26(d) 30
19. Baku is the seaport on;
(a) Black Sea (b) Caspian Sea (c) Mediterranean Sea (d) Red Sea
20. Which of the following is largest country of South America?
(a) Argentina (b) Brazil (c) Colombia (d) Chile
21. when East Pakistan separated from West Pakistan? 16th December 1971
22. when the Simla Accord was signed?
(a) January 1972
(b) March 1972
(c) July 1972
(d) October 1972
23. Mr. Bhutto represented Pakistan in Simla Agreement, who participated from India?
(a) Mr. Rajiv Gandhi
(b) Ms. Indra Gandhi
(c) Mr. Narsimha Rao
(d) Lal Krishan Advani
24.What is the total area of Pakistan? 796096 sq km
25. In which continent of world Pakistan is situated? Asia
26. What is length of Pakistan-India border? 1610 km
27. What is the name of Pakistan-India border? Line of Control (LOC)
28. Which country is located in north of Pakistan? China
29. What is height of K-2? 8611 Meters
30. What is the original name of K-2? Godwin Austin
31. after how many years did Pakistan get her first constitution? 9 years
32. what document was firstly drafted to give pace to constitution making process? Objective Resolution
33. when the Constituent Assembly passed the Objective Resolution? 12th March 1949
34. when Mohammad Ali Bogra presented Bogra Formula in the assembly?January 1953
(b) April 1953
(c) September 1953
(d) October 1953
35. who was Mohammad Ali Bogra? Prime Minister
36. what is the other name of Mohammad Ali Bogra Formula?
(a) New Law of Pakistan (b) Pakistan Report
(c) Third Report (d) Constitutional Formula
37. when first constitution of Pakistan was enforced? 23rd March 1956
38. according to 1973 constitution who elects Prime Minister? National Assembly
39. in which constitution Bicameral Legislature was provided for the first time?1973
40. When did Pakistan become member of United Nations? 30th Sep 1947
41. Which country opposed Pakistan‘s membership in United Nations?Afghanistan
42. The scientist who first discovered that the earth revolves round the sun was: Copernicus
43. Alexander Fleming discovered: Penicillin
44. Which instrument is used to measure pressure? Manometer
45. What does Angstrom measure? Speed of Ships
46. Light year is related to: Distance
47. Old name of iraq? Mesopotamia
48. Blood is red due to ? Hemoglobin
49. Marian trence situated near? Philippines
31. Headquarter of ghandhara civilization is? Texila
50. head quarter of saarc is situated at? Khatmandu
51. maximum wool produceing country is? Australia
52. official religion of japan is ? Shintoism
5.- which element use for producing nuclear fuel? Urinium
54. who many rakkhu in 30 paraa of quran: 39
55. which is less conducter
1- iron, 2-copper 3- silver 4- wood
56-nigara fall lies b/w U.S.A and Canada
57- which is smallest country of world among area: SAN Marino
58-holy prophet pbuh appoited governer of yeman for collection zakat? Hazrat Muaz Bin Jabal
59. Which international environmental pressure group was founded in 1971?Greenpeace.
60. What is the capital of Morocco? Rabat.
61. How many balls are on the table at the start of a game of pool? Sixteen.
62. In which country is the volcano Mount Aso? Japan.
63. What name is given to inflammation of one or more joints, causing pain, swelling and restriction of movement? Arthritis.
64. Which mineral is the main source of mercury? Cinnabar.
65- Diamond is an allotropic form of…….? Carbon
66. The element common to all acids is…………? Hydrogen
67. Gobar gas contains mainly ………….? Methane
68 The most malleable metal is………..? Gold
69 Which element is used in Beauty Parlors for hair setting? Sulphur
70. From which mineral is radium obtained? Uranium
71 What is laughing gas ? Nitrous Oxide
72) Which is the longest river of America? Mississippi
73) Don is river of ? Russia
74) What is the length of khyber pass? 56 km
75) Longest glacier of the world is Lambert situated in Antarctica, what is it’s length? 320 Miles
76) Which of the following lake is most polluted lake in the world? Lake Eire
77) Tugela water fall is present in? South Africa
78) Gota canal is the ship canal situated in ? Sweden
Give synonyms of the following
(a) Idle (b) Diligent (c) Defective (d) Deficient
(a) Effort (b) Unnecessary Excitement (c) Grief (d) Joy
(a) Repulsive (b) Horrid(c) Obnoxious (d) Calm
(a) Simple (b) Artful (c) Adroit (d) Disingenuous
(a) Juvenile (b) Infinite (c) Flawless (d) Contaminated
(a) Consistent (b) Conflict (c) Confrontation (d) Connivance
Give antonyms of the following:
(a) Rich (b) ……. (c) …….. (d) Adversity
(a) ……. (b) Care free (c) …….. (d) Careful
(a) ……. (b) Slender (c) …….. (d) ………
(a) ……. (b) Kind (c) …….. (d) ………
89. Author of “Paradise Lost & Paradise Regained” was:
(a) Maxim Gorki (b) William Wordsworth (c) John Milton (d) Shelley
90. Asgheri aur Akbari kis novel k do mash’hoor kirdar hain?
(a) Tota Kahani (b) Aag ka dirya (c) Mira-Tul-Aroos (d) Raja Gidh
91. “Shikwa aur Jawab-e-Shikwa” Iqbal k konsay kalam main hain?
(a) Bal-e-Jibreel (b) Armaghan-e-Hijaz (c) Zarb-e-Kaleem (d) Bang-e-Dara
92. Altaf Hussain Hali kis k sha’agird thay?
(a) Iqbal (b) Sir Sayyed (c) Zouq (d) Ghalib
93. Waqa-e-Karbala kis hijri main howa?
(a) 58 hijri (b) 54 hijri (c) 61 hijri (d) 50 hijri
94. Drama kis zaban ka lafaz hai?
(a) Lateeni (b) Farsi (c) Arabic (d) Greek
95. “Khateeb-ul-Amnbia” kis paighmber ka laqab tha?
(a) Hazrat Ibraheem (A.S) (b) Hazrat Noah (A.S) (c) Hazrat Moosa (A.S) (d) Hazrat Shoaib (A.S)
96. Hazrat Sulaiman (A.S) ki hum asar Malkah Sa’ba ka asal naam kia tha?
(a) Maryam (b) Ammana (c)…….(d) Balqees
97. (4-4)20+5 is equal to:
(a) 25 (b) 20 (c) …….. (d) ………
98. 2(13+10)-3(14-5) is equal to:
(a) 19(b) 20 (c) ……… (d) ………
99. There is 1kg and 792g of barrel oil in 2 containers, what will be the quantity if we divide it in 4 boxes:
(a) 360g (b) 448g (c) 580g (d) ………
100. If 15 men complete a work in 25 days, then 20 men will complete that work in how much days:
(a) 12 days (b) 15 days (c) ……… (d) ………