NTS PAST Paper COMPUTER TELEPHONE WIRELESS OPERATOR
Complete the sentences by choosing the most appropriate option, from the given lettered choices (A to D) below each.
1. You must stick _________ your views.
2. The first engine ______ heat to drive a machine was the steam engine.
A. made use of
B. to make use of
C. of using
D. of making use
Five lettered pairs (A to E) follow a related pair of words given in capitals. Select the lettered pair that best expresses a relationship similar to that expressed in the original pair in capitals.
3. PAGE: BOOK::
A. sailors: crew
B. petal: flower
C. leaf: stalk
D. singers: chorus
Choose the lettered word or phrase that is most nearly opposite in meaning to the word in capital letters.
Choose the word most similar in meaning to the capitalized ones.
Questions 6-7 are based on the following passage.
Machines deprive us of two things which are certainly important ingredients of human happiness, namely, spontaneity and variety. Machines have their own pace and their demands, a man who has a costly plant must keep it working. The great trouble with machines, from the point of view of emotions, is its automation.
6. In the above passage “deprive” means
B. take away from
D. vest with
7. The trouble with machines is
A. their spontaneity
B. their emotions
C. their automation
D. all of the above
In Bahria Town, six houses R, S, W, X, Y and Z, are to be colored with different colors. Adjacent houses cannot be colored with the same color. The only houses adjacent to each other are as follows:
R, S, X and Y are each adjacent to W.
X is adjacent to Y.
R and S are each adjacent to Z.
8. Which of the following is a pair of houses that must be colored in different color from each other?
A. Y and Z
B. R and X
C. S and X
D. S and Z
9. If X is colored in the same color as Z, then it must be true that
A. W is colored in a different color from any other house
B. R is colored in the same color as Y
C. S is colored in the same color as X
D. X is colored in the same color as Y
10. Which of the following houses can be colored in the same color as W?
Amir said, “All lemons I have tasted are sour; therefore, all lemons are sour.”
11. Which one of the following most closely parallels the logic of the above statement?
A. My income has increased each year for the past four years; therefore, it will increase again next year.
B. I sped to work every day last week and I did not get a ticket; therefore, they do not give tickets for speeding around here anymore.
C. All rubies are red. This gem is green; therefore, it is not a ruby.
D. Every student I had in school was selfish; therefore, all students are selfish.
12. Find out the odd one out
13. Complete the series: D, F, H, J, ______.
14. Everest is the world’s highest mountain, what is the name of the second highest?
C. Nanga Purbat
D. Tirch Mir
15. The capital of China is:
16. The brightest star in the sky is:
A. Alfa Centauri
B. Proxima Centauri
17. Kohat Tunnel is in which province?
D. Khyber Pakhtoon Khaw
18. Hazrat Baba Farid Ganj Shakar is buried in:
19. Suppose you are working as telephone operator and your duty is to receive emergency calls from residents of city. If you receive an emergency call, what you should ask from a person who needs help?
A. What has happened?
B. What is your name?
C. What is address of emergency site?
D. All of the above
20. If the person in emergency dialed help line and operator received call about fire but call dropped quickly, how telephone operator will detect location of fire house?
A. Get address of telephone number
B. Use GPS data
C. Dispatch Fire Brigade vehicle
D. Wait for 2nd call from same person
21. Suppose a person is in emergency, he dialed help line and operator received call about fire in Arabic language, but telephone operator cannot understand Arabic then what operator should do?
A. Take no action
B. Ignore this call
C. Find a telephone operator who can understand Arabic language
D. Forward fire news to emergency vehicles unit
22. If you receive an emergency call from 6 years old boy about a fire in kitchen, what you should do?
A. Dispatch Fire Brigade vehicle after receiving call
B. Confirm fire news from mother or father of boy
C. Ignore this call
D. Wait for call from mother of father
23. If you received an incomplete call from a person who is injured in a car accident, person told his location, what you will do in this case?
A. Call back person and get details of accident
B. Dispatch ambulance
C. Wait for 2nd call
D. Both A and B
24. Which of the following symptoms indicate that a telephone operator is in stress?
A. Daily working overtime
B. Doing common mistakes on duty
C. Giving suggestions
D. Coming early on duty
25. If your room is equipped with Closed-circuit television (CCTV), what is main role of installing CCTV?
A. Catch criminals
B. Reduce violence
C. Prevent crime and encourage public safety
D. Log book maintenance
26. In case of ______________ incident a telephone operator should not take interest.
A. Theft of a car
B. Road traffic
C. Clash of 2 persons
D. Damage to a building
27. If you are a telephone operator and you receive 2 calls in last 10 minutes, 1 call is of fire in a shop and 2nd call is about gas leakage in a factory, what will you do?
A. Tell your officer and act accordingly
B. You will send dispatch teams one by one
C. You will dispatch teams and decide which incident is more serious
D. You will dispatch emergency vehicles to factory only
28. If you receive a telephone call of bomb threat in your own building, then what you will do in this case?
A. Tell officer immediately
B. Evacuate this building immediately
C. Inform bomb disposal unit immediately
D. Leave the control room immediately