Bise Lahore Past Paper 9th Class English Subjective 2012
English (Compulsory) Paper I (Essay Type)
Time Allowed: 2.10 Hours Max. Marks: 56
Note: All questions are to be attempted on the answer book.
2. Answer any FIVE of the following questions:
- Where did Hina and her brother go?
- What are the main causes of the traffic accidents?
- How has Islam helped the western countries develop the sciences?
- How do the tiny roots derive water from the soil?
- What was the condition of women before the advent of Islam?
- What title was given to Hazrat Khalid bin Waleed (R.A.) by Hazrat Muhammad (SAW)?
- When does each Chinese month start?
- Who was blamed for this negligence by the women?
3. Translate the following paragraph into URDU:
Our Holy Prophet (SAW) laid great stress on seeking knowledge. He (SAW) raised the degree of learning seventy times higher than prayer. He (SAW) declared that the faith of a person, who shows respect to other for his wealth and not for his knowledge, is defective. Wealth has to be protected whereas knowledge protects man himself.
Rewrite the above paragraph into simple English.
4. Write down the summary of the poem ” Little Things ” by Julia A. Carney.
Paraphrase the following stanza into simple English:
The angel wrote and vanished. The next night,
It came again with a great wakening light,
And showed the names whom love of God had blest,
And Lo! Ben Adhem’s name led all the rest.
5. Use any FIVE of the following words / idioms in your own sentences:
moment, humble, stomach, wooden, convey, reduce, wonder, float.
6. Write a letter to your friend requesting him / her to lend you some books.
Write a story with the moral result ” All that glitters is not gold “
Write a dialogue between a teacher and a student regarding punctuality and regularity.
7. Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions given at the end :
One day a wolf felt very hungry. He wandered here and there in search of food, but he could not find anything to eat. At last he saw a flock of sheep grazing in a pasture. He wanted to eat one but they were guarded by a hound. The shepherd’s son was also tending the flock vigilantly. The wolf found himself helpless. At last he hit upon a plan. He hid himself in the skin of a sheep and safely went into the flock. The hound could not find out the wolf in disguise. He killed a sheep and ate it without being caught. In this way he ate up many sheep and their number began to fall every day. The shepherd was greatly worried but could not find out the thief.
- Why did the wolf wander about?
- Did he find anything to eat?
- Why was the wolf helpless?
- How did he get into the flock?
- Did he find out the thief?
کیا کھیتوں میں ہل چلایا جا چکا ہو گا؟ وہ پتنگ کیسے اڑا رہا ہو گا؟
آپ کو کیا پیغام دیا جا رہا تھا؟ گائیوں کو کھونٹےسے باندھا نہیں جا چکا ہے۔
ستارے دن میں نہیں چمکتے ہیں۔ کیا اس دکاندار کے پاس چینی نہ تھی؟
اس سکول میں یتیم بچوں کو وظائف دیے جاتے ہیں۔
ہم نے ایسا خطرناک سانپ پہلے کبھی نہیں دیکھا تھا۔
Exclusively for candidates whose Medium of Examination is English ( Question – 8 Alternative to Urdu Tranlsation)
8. Write TEN sentences about ” A River in Flood “.
9. Change the voice of the following:
- She likes apples.
- They have bought a horse.
- She bought five video films.
- She was teaching the students.